She Said Beauty July 2012 Box Review


Another beauty box and more excitement... I love beauty boxes like most girls around. Even more I love to read and know from other bloggers. Posts about the same beauty box by multiple bloggers actually show which one of us have similar skin type and similar taste. On that note, here’s my review of the She said Beauty Box for July 2012.

Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser
After hearing great reviews about Murad cleansers, got to try one. The Murad Time Release Acne Cleanser is an interesting cleanser. With oily skin, cream cleansers leave skin feeling supple and smooth but don’t do the tea tree job and tea tree/mint cleansers cleanse thoroughly but feels like take out all . the moisture off the skin. This murad cleanser is a perfect trade-off between the two. It has a lotion like consistency and is white in color.. almost like moisturizing lotion. After use, it leaves the freshness of tea tree cleanser without the drying effect which is amazing. This one is the best product in this box.

Layla D Honey Moisturiser
I gather that Layla D is a new organic skincare company based in the UK. Their products are chemical, paraben and sulphate free.  This cream is indicated ‘for dehydrated, dry and irritated skin’. This moisturizer does its job right. Period. I got to use it one night when my skin felt dry after series of spot treatments. Other than that it is my kind of moistursier as it is not oil-free.
Miners Cosmetics Love Phat Liner
A girl can never have enough black eyeliners I guess. I thought I will add this MINERS cosmetics Love Phat Liner to my array of eyeliners. The eyeliner is a good black color and smudges very easily. Black smoky eye is passé for me as I moved onto purples and blues these days but when I do I will try to use this eyeliner. It was ordinary eyeliner on my eyeliner.. faded in about 30 mins and hard to work with when applying. That’s a thumbs down actually.

Styfile S-file
I have the keyring version of the styfile which is awesome and I wanted to buy the full version and here I have it in the beauty box. Sometimes little things make you so happy… J

Freeze 24.7 Ice Crystals Anti-Ageing Prep & Polish
I tried Freeze 24.7 Ice Crystals Anti-Ageing Prep & Polish with no expectations. The exfoliant was  white in color with toothpaste like consistency and sparsely grainy in texture. It felt cooling on my skin and gave the gentle exfoliation effect with the exfoliation beads spread across. I used it after the Murad cleanser following with a mint mask so that completed a cooling facial J
EDEN Natural nailpolish remover
This was the first product I used from the kit. In the first week of this month I was wearing a passion pink nail polish and I tried to clean that with this. I tied to clean the polish with the EDEN Natural nail polish remover and it has actually done the job fine. I wouldn’t say easier than the existing acetone-free remover but just as right. The fact that the EDEN Nail Polish remover is from all natural ingredients definitely draws me to purchase it. I am so glad I received this in my beauty box otherwise I would have never given a thought to my nail polish remover.

The box also has a 'Debenhams Beauty Club Reward Card'. Anybody who doesn’t have the Debenhams Beauty Club Reward Card yet should be happy to receive this one I suppose.
So that was it from me. Do leave your experiences with this month’s beauty boxes in the comments below…. See you around!! :)

2 comments:

Lea said...

Hmmm I quite like the contents of this, although I do like a bit of makeup in my boxes :) x

Lea x

http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I love receiving box reviews :) the acne cleanser looks fab! xox

My Blog : The Style Khaleesi

Post a Comment

Hi... Thank you for leaving a comment... I treat my blog post as what I am speaking to you and I am extremely glad you replied... :)