Does white eyeliner widen eyes?


Today while packing I saw the white eye liner pencil and I got reminded of this post I wanted to write…
We have read/watched numerous tutorials showing usage of white eyeliner pencil in small eye makeup… some backup by the optical illusion theory… (its always nice to throw some jargon.. what say?).. But does white eyeliner really widen eyes?

Few years back I got the 17 white eyeliner pencil.. Although I felt it quite stupid, tried this theory….
I  think the few times I wore it.. I got saved from embarassment because…

1) the crowd around me were fairly under the impression that I am very stylish or
2) people genuinely believed I was trying the new eyeliner after my ink blue eyeliner..
3) thanks to my waterline.. nothing stays for more than couple of hours…

somehow I felt it was ridiculous and I stopped it myself… then started the search ,as always, after product fails to show its effect on me..

Finally I arrived at a conclusion that it’s the nude/flesh tone liner that gives a feeling that your eyes quite dint end yet (sounds silly but that what its supposed to be). . Now white is definitely not a nude eyeliner for brown skin… light browny biegy color with a more complex description would be a match… which nobody seemingly manufactures…

Amidst the invasion of color.. a ray of light is the Boots 17 having a ‘fawn’ lip liner… which is kind of beige color… but can you interchange an eye liner and lip liner? Yes .. no… may be… I am still working on that actually…. You will probably see a post soon…

Anyways getting back to the point this fawn liner definitely matches to brown skin tones… swatches below….

                    
                                             17 lip liner in fawn

so here is the complete look …. Makeup for small eye….

1) Use a single nude eye shadow

2) Line the water line with nude eye pencil
3) Line the upper lash line with brown/black pencil; possibly till 3/4ths. Remember the part you darken shows the actual length so lining it in full leaves no scope for illusions.

4) Line the lower lash line with brown/grey whichever suits you (but not black)
5) Keep your mascara not too thick…

To go a little further…

2) Use a little glitter shadow to draw a half line on the lower lash line towards the outer end of eye
3) Use your highlighter eye shadow on the inner corner of your eye


Its important to keep the look as little dramatic as possible… I really dint see it work with a smokey eye or something like that as the whole attention is diverted to the drama instead of the detailing on the waterline …

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi... Thank you for leaving a comment... I treat my blog post as what I am speaking to you and I am extremely glad you replied... :)